Travel and Accomodation
It’s easy to get to Lombok from Bali-flight time is only about 30 minutes and fares from around IDR 350,000 (approx. USD 35) one way. Buy tickets direct from the airline couriers at the domestic airports, or contact local travel agents at both Bali and Lombok. Lombok International Airport (or Bandara Internasional Lombok, commonly abbreviated to BIL, and using the IATA code “LOP”) is the only airport in Lombok. The airport is close to Praya (Central Lombok); approximately 40km south of the city of Mataram.
Bali to Lombok by Air
In Lombok, all flights depart and arrive at Lombok International Airport. In Bali, flights arrive and depart at Ngurah Rai (Denpasar) Domestic Airport.
- Garuda Airlines has direct flight between Lombok and Bali every day. Call Centre: 0 8041 807 807. Sales Office: +62 370 642303/649999, www.garuda-indonesia.com.
- Wings Air/Lion Air flies between Bali and Lombok daily. The companies’ code-share, so you may purchase a Lion Air ticket and find yourself on a Wings Air Flight! Lombok, Call Centre: +62 361 765132. www.lionair.co.id.
Lombok International Airport (IATA: LOP) has full Visa on arrival (VOA) facilities, with fast and efficient visa processing, A 30-day Tourist VOA costs USD 35. Ph: +62 370 622987.
- Silk Air (a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines) flies direct between Lombok and Singapore, four times per week (Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday), Ph: +62 370 628254/628255. www.silkair.com.
- Air Asia operates direct flights between Lombok and two destinations in Malaysia, with many international connections in Malaysia, with many international connections available. Flights between Lombok and Kuala Lumpur operate every day, and between Lombok and Johor Bahru 3 times per week. www.airasia.com.
- Garuda Airlines flies between Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and Lombok every day, with a short stop-over in Jakarta. International connections from around the world are available via Jakarta. Call center: 08041 807 807, Airport: +62 370 49100. www.garuda-indonesia.com
European connections are easy via Jakarta, Bali and other capital cities such as Surabaya and Makassar. Direct flights from Jakarta to Lombok are available everyday and are usually timed to connect with European flights. Lombok is easily accessible from Jakarta, Bali, Surabaya and Makassar and is an important connection for travel to the eastern islands, in particular the island of Sumbawa, Komodo and Flores.
- Garuda Indonesia / Citilink has direct flights daily between Lombok and Bali, Surabaya, Makassar and Jakarta. Call Centre: 08041 807 807. Sales Office: +62370 642303/649999. Airport: 0370 649100. www.garuda-indonesia.com.
- Lion Air/Wings Air has daily flights between Lombok, Bali Bima (Sumbawa), Jakarta and Surabaya. Ph: +62 370 6627444/642180. www.lionair.co.id.
- Batik Air flies direct between Lombok and Jakarta, with two flights every day. www.batikair.com.
Bali to Lombok by Sea
Padang Bai Harbour (Bali) provides the sea link between mainland Bali and Lombok. Lembar Harbour (Lombok) is on the southwest coast, approx. 1 hour south of Senggigi, Lombok. Arrange your own transport and buy tickets direct from the harbours or use a reputable tour company to provide a transfer service. Public Ferries depart every hour for the sea voyage between Padang Bai Harbour (Bali) and Lembar Harbour (Lombok). The crossing between the islands cost IDR 40,000 per person and takes approx. 4 to 5 hours. lembar Harbour ph: +62 370 681 209. Padang Bai Harbour ph: (+62 363) 41849/41840.
There are now numerous “fast boat” services between Bali and mainland Lombok.
- Blue Water Express has services between Bali and mainland Lombok, with convenient departures from two different locations on Bali-Serangan (near Benoa Harbour) and Padang Bai Harbour-every day. Fares include air conditioned hotel transfers in Bali. Ph: +62 361 895 1111/0813 3841 8988. www.bluewater-express.com.
Gilli Getaway also connects Bali and mainland Lombok with daily transfers from Serangan Harbour on Bali. Fares include air conditioned hotel transfers to main points in Bali. Ph: +62 819 1673 3051/+62 813 3707 4147. www.giligetaway.com.
Need more information from conference host.